Saturday, January 5, 2008

Regina Spektor ^_^

Regina Spektor is an anti-folk singer/pianist who is awesome, k? She is a Russian Jew who moved to America from Russia when she was a child.
She sings with a bit of a Russian accent, loveeeeeee!
Okay so you should probably go get some of her songs RITE NAO. NAOOO. Don't make me get a LOLcat to force you. 'Cause I swear to Bob, I will!

But hear are some of my favourite songs of hers...

Apres Moi - It's in French! And Russian! Come on, dude! Fun fact: I totally learnt the Russian verse and now walk around singing it. People think I'm talented; it's awesome.
Us - I like the bit where it goes "And it's contagiou-uh-UH-uh-US!". Teehee! Regina with her little sounds, aw.
Real Love - Anyone who does a John Lennon cover and does it that well is awesome, y/y?
Poor Little Rich Boy - Pooooor little rich boyyy, all the couples have gone, have gone, have gone!
Samson - Because I can play it on the piano~! Ohyes! Also, Pete Wentz quoted it in one of his blogs. I was like, whoa! That nearly makes up for his horrible likings of hip-hop (ew hip-hop)! Actually, it's not that surprising, since we kind of know that he reads Hemingway, seeing as his doggy is named Hemingway, and Regina does too (because she eez smart!). /rant.

Consequence of Sounds, Happy Hooker, and Fidelity, On the Radio ('tis an ode to November Rain, oh yes it is!) are also amaaazing.

Here you can read some of zee lyrics! If you are too lazy to find the songs, my loves.

So anyw_y, it's not reeeally the kind of music you or I would probably listen to normally, but give it a go, okay? :D.

No comments: